Famous Nomad Capitalist Youtuber "recommends" Pattaya as a good and cheap place to live but with a bit of predictable snark

Jingthing

We'll take it.

At 5:07.

Note that of all the expat buckets in Thailand, he only mentions Pattaya.

Does Pattaya get enough attention by the Retire Abroad / Expatriation Encouragement Media relative to it's actually great advantages?

I think it doesn't, and I think we all know why that is. The sex reputation thing.

As if they don't have sex workers in Mexico City.

Mexico City residents angered by influx of Americans speaking English, gentrifying area: report (nypost.com)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Pitching his own interest, same as all Youtubers. His list starting with the most expensive are not even close to what CNN recommends

According to CNN 2022:

The world's most expensive cities for 2022 | CNN Travel

The world's most expensive cities

1. Hong Kong
2. New York
3. Geneva
4. London
5. Tokyo
6. Tel Aviv
7. Zurich
8. Shanghai
9. Guangzhou
10. Seoul

International Living has a different list of the cheapest as well

And yet another 30 of the cheapest cities to live in

Edited by KIngsofisaan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh geez drools, just take the compliment that Pattaya is an awesome place to expatriate to.

In his words, " You want to go to Pattaya ? maybe you do maybe you don't ", against a backdrop of Bangkok.

That's a compliment ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nope.

I made the point.

Pattaya is underrated and undermentioned internationally when compared to the competition for high benefit budget priced expat destinations. 

It has become much more than only a place for sex tourism but that's why list makers shy away from mentioning it -- the sex tourism reputation.

so? Do you have shares in the place? Who in the expat community cares about its international  reputation, unless they are  either hyper sensitive to the opinion of others, or are among the persons who contribute to it? 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't think the Thai government will like Pattaya to be tagged as 'cheap' destination...

Well too bad for them. They can continue to live in make believe landia if they want. Looked at from an international perspective its still a very good value for money. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

so? Do you have shares in the place? Who in the expat community cares about its international  reputation, unless they either hyper sensitive to the opinion of others, or are among the persons who contribute to it? 

I don't really care.

Just making some points for discussion purposes.

Arguably it's a good thing for current expats that Pattaya is under promoted to expats relative to what it offers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't really care.

Just making some points for discussion purposes.

Arguably it's a good thing for current expats that Pattaya is under promoted to expats relative to what it offers.

that I can agree with. 

3 hours ago, MisterPooFarty said:

That's not you in the picture by any chance is it?

No but it wouldn't bother me if it was.

Clearly he's not as gorgeous as you must be but I bet there's things he has going for him that you may not. Perhaps he knows how to make use of the quote function on message boards, for example...

Edited by JayClay

If Andrew gets wind of this thread, sorry about all the moronic posts about your appearance and questioning your masculinity. Totally uncalled for. He's not a big fan of Thailand as he strongly prefers KL Malaysia where he owns one of his homes. But he well understands Thailand remains a top choice for many in his audience.

I doubt he would ever post here himself though.

Lie down with dogs and all that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Isn't that the standard in this forum?

Well as my Mama used to say if you don’t have anything nice to say, say the nasty stuff on anonymous internet forums. Weird that she knew about such things before they existed. 

• Thumbs Up 1