160 Million Baht facelift for Pattaya beach

champers

41 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

That's about 5 million us dollars to put sidewaks, toilets and undergorund toilets.  Another project designed to fill the pockets of those in charge.  So what is the true competitive cost about one million or less I would bet.

Notice who does most of the construction work around here.....Well they are mostly not Thai.....And you can be pretty sure they are paid less than Thais......So I would guess the cost would be well under 1 million.......

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Now the underground bathrooms is off the charts crazy.......Flooding, stale pee smell, short time room, giant trash can....Where do I start..... 

There is the possibility they will be permanently staffed / cleaned etc, with a small fee charged... not unheard of. 

No to the underground toilets (huh???) but the rest sounds good.  Pattaya is a beach town and visitors want a nice beach--good to keep improving it.   Bangkok weekend visitors seem to have discovered how nice north Pattaya is now and the big hotels are doing a good weekend business.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

No to the underground toilets (huh???) but the rest sounds good.  Pattaya is a beach town and visitors want a nice beach--good to keep improving it.   Bangkok weekend visitors seem to have discovered how nice north Pattaya is now and the big hotels are doing a good weekend business.  

Yea but the beach needs seating and shade trees all up and down the beach....It would not cost a lot and it would improve the beach 10,000%...........I don't want to get my hopes up because it seems to me they want to promenade to be a hot uninviting desolate place ever since the 2013 remodel.....And now they can say we can not have seating because of Covid Covid Covid bla bla bla barf......Wait for it..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

That's about 5 million us dollars to put sidewaks, toilets and undergorund toilets.  Another project designed to fill the pockets of those in charge.  So what is the true competitive cost about one million or less I would bet.

"Tea Money" takings would be way down, so time for a big skim off a project.  

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Now the underground bathrooms is off the charts crazy.......Flooding, stale pee smell, short time room, giant trash can....Where do I start..... 

It is not a bad idea and they can clean them. They should lock them at night. But I guess there will be a service charge. And the many cheap Charlies here will look at the free ocean toilet and use this like before. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

There is the possibility they will be permanently staffed / cleaned etc, with a small fee charged... not unheard of. 

Public toilets next to Family Mart between Sois 1 and 2 charge 5 Baht. Cleaning is cursory, to put it politely. Public toilets at the Green Tree also charge 5 Baht and are reasonably clean.

The police owned toilets at the beach end of Klang charge 10 Baht (greedy blighters).

Central Festival and RGP are free and pristine by comparison.