Thailand well on the way to vaccinating 70% of population - vaccine in every province, says Anutin

webfact

22 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Well Anutin ! Your time is a complete waste of time, as you seem incapable of these tasks assigned to you as then Health Minister. You are just not delivering on your remit.

Time for you to take a vocational change, and maybe find some employment that you will be capable of doing well.

Good luck with that.

Yes like working for T.A.T

57 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It could be said to be typical of the ruling caste, although Anutin goes way beyond that.

It is Thailand's tragedy that the caste who seem to have an immovable grip on power behave like this, and as it becomes more obvious and recognised internationally will cause the country to sink further towards third world status.

Sink towards??? It's never emerged out of 3rd World status. Which is exactly the point and is Typically Thailand. Just because they spout BS and give lip service, doesn't in any way make it remotely true. Been their typical M.O. from top on down forever. Lots of BS with near zero backup. Actions speak louder than BS words. Agreed? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KeeTua said:

There is no time frame just sometime August onward. Fairly typical statement here and its correct that sometime after August 2021 there will likely be 70% vaccination achieved. He could have just said sometime after tomorrow and would have been correct as well.

Sometime after 2024 would have been closer to the mark and even more correct. This guy has shown no commitment to his responsibilities since he was somewhat dubiously elected. His only commitment has been to his own self interests. A waste of a good skin and an oxygen thief at best. If there is such a thing as karma or reincarnation then I can imagine it won't be pretty for him. A piece of gum on a sewer worker's boot perhaps??? We can only hope. The people deserve better than what he has to offer but will never be given an opportunity to be rid of him. Shame, shame, shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First they come out with an edict that states you will be punished for spreading lies and misinformation about covid. Then, they set about spreading lies and misinformation about how many have been vaccinated. 

See how easy that was?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RobU said:

I feel very sad to have to post such good news I desperately want to be accepted by the community but it is very difficult to maintain persistent negativity on everything Thai. I hope I will be forgiven eventually, community have mercy on me please. Unfortunately I have more good news her second vaccination is booked for 27th August 2021 (2 weeks time)

Well lucky for you and your wife.

In reality there is still no sign of any vaccine for my wife, 17 year old son, me, our 2 neighbours and their children, nor do I know of anybody else in this cluster of villages who has been vaccinated up here in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

That is a fact, and not a negative comment, nor an opinion.

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

deleted post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mikebell said:

He doesn't think.

6% is NOT well on the way to 70%,

Nothing to do with Thailand I know. But out of curiosity I just checked the fully vaccinated figures for Stafford UK. The last place I lived in, in the UK and they are over 70%. It makes you think. But not too hard.????

2 hours ago, raccos21 said:

China invented an aerosol inhaled version of vaccines. So they can just spray on the atmosphere at a bigger scale around the the cities so everyone can inhale it without having to go to a hospital to get their vaccines. In that way, the government can achieve its target of vaccinating 70% of the population. Maybe even 100%

I wonder what other kind of mind-altering drugs CCP have included in their so-called aerosol? 

Xi Jinping: today’s poster child of tyranny. 

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Midwit said:

Is 70% of the total population the most important thing?  I think 100% of the old and frail should be the goal. What is worse 20,000 cases of Covid for people under 30 or 200 cases in people over 80?  

Simply put, herd immunity is the target and source of that number. 

Throwing up smoke screens by using 70%, when in actual fact only 6% of population are fully vaccinated, they must think everybody is as stupid as them, reminds me of somebody????

Edited by metisdead
Trolling video removed.
  • Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

At this point in time, things can only get better.

Granted, the initial planning and organisation was completely mangled in politics - it's coming along, though. Slow but sure. 

Most Thais that I know - family, extended family, close friends, neighbors, etc have had their first jab - from 4/5 weeks ago. 

Ask the 22 million that live in Isaan whether they have the same experience among their family/friends/neighbours

• Thanks 1

The 70% is way over the top although I think the number of initial vaccinations is accelerating rapidly as is the second jab. 

I had my first jab last Thursday thru' the Phitsanulok provence government system, it was Sinovac - not my choice or preference but put me into the line for Astra Z on 1st September, I can now bide my time for a 3 jab in the future when avaible to suit myself. 

The vaccination procedure was flawless, extremely well organised and smooth sailing, although I needed my wife there to help navigate the system, being the only non-Thai during the time I was there and possibly one of the first, if not the first thru' their system. 

• Like 1

According to Covid vax it will take 200 days before 70% of the people of Thailand have received their second jab..It shows that only 1 day 5th of August 690 jabs were given.. all other days not even 400.000

So yes we are on the way, but who knows when we will get our goal

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:13 AM, gk10012001 said:

Well on its way?  According to what metric?  Before the year 2024?  1 % vaccinated each month?

Which converts to 2567 B.E. But the metric is more likely 2567 A.D. I think!

On 8/7/2021 at 11:20 AM, internationalism said:

since March, so in 5 months, 22% had the first shot and 6% had the second shot. Only 19%, of the total 100mln planned this year.

There is no chance that within the next 5 month minimum 70% can be fully vaccinated.

There is shortage of the AZ from the start, only half of projected monthly allowance will be delivered.

Sinovac is ineffective for delta.

The mRNA were ordered just 2 weeks ago and waiting time is well over for the next year.

With new mutations arriving, those already vaccinated will need the booster within 6 months, i.e. already this year

And don't forget the vaccines sidelined for private vaccination parties. You know the ones ... Very well connected people with their plan to cash in as they help well heeled worthies to jump all queues.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 10:24 PM, Johnny Mac said:

So we are all doomed then? What is the answer if what you say is right? Shall we just turn the lights out and have done with it all?

No, I don't think the time has come to head to the nearest cliff and leap.  The time has come to use all the strategies available to slow the spread of the disease.   In time, they will be able to get people vaccinated.  Slowing the spread is important because further variants may be more dangerous and we run the risk that one will arrive that the vaccine has no effect on.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, billd766 said:

But in reality they haven't sorted it out. Every other day they change priorities depending on who shouts the loudest (and has the biggest brown envelope).

Anutin claimed that AZ would produce over 10 million doses per month, that part is correct, but it turns out that he only wanted 3 million and the rest for export. Now it seems that Thailand will only get between 5 and 6 million AZ per month, instead of the 10 million he claimed.

J&J, Pfizer, Moderna weren't even ordered until the last month or two. The earliest delivery date is Q4.

There are 4, 5 or 6 departments who are involved in ordering vaccines from offshore where one can easily do it if they want to and try hard. There are too many chiefs and not enough indians.

IMHO 70% full herd immunity (2 or 3 doses) across the whole of Thailand will not happen until next year, simply because they sat back slapping each other on the back last year instead of ordering extra vaccines.

When you order vaccines etc from offshore it really doesn't matter who your Daddy is or how big a brown envelope you have, you simply go to the back of the queue like everybody else does.

Since the 3rd? phase started with a vengeance in April they are running around like headless chickens playing catch up and failing.

This is not a gloom and doom post ( though I have no doubt some will treat it as such), but simply my opinion after reading the news about Covid in Thailand for the last 15 months.

Thank goodness Prayut stopped the 'False Information' law. ????

• Like 1