Which is the best airline to fly to Thailand?

RolandRat

It depends from where you fly,also depends  you need a nonstop flight or not and most important fare price.Last 5 times I used Thai air because it was a cheap fare but service sucks big time,if qatar air or emirates have a good price then go with them but it's not nonstop .Anyway my favorites are Singapore Air and Eva air but most of the time they are a bit more expensive.Also you need to find out what kind of aircraft they use for a specific flight,an old 777/200/300 is not really a great experience same goes to Airbus A330.Qatar Air and Etihad changed the aircraft a few times before departure date so I lost paid seat reservation and the new assigned seats sucked big times.

• Like 1

My favorite is AirAsia… I’m in Chiang Mai and can fly direct to Bangkok, Krabi and Hua Hin…

We do a lot of 3-4 day jaunts so with their app you can go right to the boarding gate…

I also select the first row seats for a few more dollars and you get great legroom and priority boarding… There also a great regional airline… we can also go direct to Singapore and Kuala Lumpor…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In business class, Qatar, Singapore and ANA are three of my favorites. I make the choice based upon cost, departure and arrival time, and total journey length. Those details would also apply to economy class. 

But since all airlines don't fly to all cities, you'd get better advice if you indicate the city you're flying to or from. 

• Thumbs Up 1

LHR - BKK return I always use EVA. Flight times suit me for both outbound and return plus direct flights.

Their reward program is also pretty good. Have had gold status for many years now and from checking in to baggage reclaim, it makes the whole journey more enjoyable.

Not necessarily the cheapest but it works for me.

• Like 2

From my experiences flying between the UK and Thailand in Economy Class with excellent service and value -

Direct - London/Bangkok, EVA Air

One change of plane - London/New Delhi/Bangkok, AIR INDIA (surprisingly)

I do not know these days, as I have not returned to the UK for 10 years.

Local international flights within ASEAN - AIR ASIA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any airline that flies direct flights! 

I really do not like stop overs. Especially not in UEA.  

Back in the days KLM used to be okay, not sure now, and for sure not found any decent tickets with them prices or schedule. 

Hopefully Thai Airways proves themselves again with price and schedule. 

• Confused 2

Prefer Emirates from London, quieter (A380) and better drinks selection. But depends on price and total Travel time. I like to have an intermediate stop as good to have a decent walk rather than sit for over 10 hours. Have also used Etihad and KLM when price was right, plus a few others - worst airlines were Jet airways (now defunct i think) and Kuwait airways. A few are much cheaper but involve a 20 hour  plus total travel time with a long airport layover.

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

From my experiences flying between the UK and Thailand in Economy Class with excellent service and value -

Direct - London/Bangkok, EVA Air

One change of plane - London/New Delhi/Bangkok, AIR INDIA (surprisingly)

I do not know these days, as I have not returned to the UK for 10 years.

Local international flights within ASEAN - AIR ASIA.

Eva!!!!!! for the Win!!!!  Love them

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:40 AM, RolandRat said:

For those who frequently fly to Thailand or around Thailand, which airline do you think offers the best experience? I'm curious about your recommendations.

IMO: If you are frequent flyer and collecting miles or points on your card, then THAI might give you the best benefits, Qatar could be number two choice.

On 7/3/2024 at 10:40 AM, RolandRat said:

For those who frequently fly to Thailand or around Thailand, which airline do you think offers the best experience? I'm curious about your recommendations.

Might depend on where one is flying from?  Europe, Australia, North American or East Asia?  Each region has an airline that could be considered good.  I am from CA and have been in CNX for years.  For many years Singaopre Airlines was great(CNX to SIN to LAX),  Then SIA went down the crapper by having Scoot (SIA's budget carrier) fly from CNX.  I have also tried Cathay Pacfic and EVA from CNX to LAX.  Now the best for me has been Korean (CNX to ICN to LAX).  

On 7/3/2024 at 5:40 AM, RolandRat said:

Depends on what you want to pay. Best is probably Lufthansa first class via Frankfurt.

Cheapest is China Eastern via Shanghai.

Most reasonably priced reasonable facilities Quatar.

Best middle of the road with schedules all over Europe. Turkish airlines.

Friendliest at Ceck-in and departure Thai airlines.

Least time wasting Swiss via Zurich.

Not possible to combine all characteristics..set your priorities before you start.

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Fly to Thailand from where? In my book the best airline is the one with direct flights. No "flying experience" beats a no-stop flight.

That depends purely on preference and also class of travel. 

I'll happily take a sleeping tablet and lie flat for a good nights sleep on a non-stop business class flight - but I wont pay that for 3 of us.

So Eco it is.. in which case I don't want to sit on an Eco seat for 12 hours and I don't want a 2 hour lay-over... 

Instead, I'll go for a stop-over... Get a hotel, chill out, have swim, have nice meal, get up and go again.

For this I like Emirates a 6 hour hop landing at 12:30pm... in a pool before 2pm, chill and a few beers, then dinner... 

Then up early to the airport, no checking in (already have boarding pass) straight through security with carry on (baggage through automatically... then another 6 hour hop...   

- I find this to be a chilled hassle free way to travel and it breaks up the jet-lag and eases fatigue.

My preference is Thai Air . Non stop is much better that going through that Arab security and another check in / boarding . Also I always take the flight that arrives in Suvarabhumi at about 06 15 am as it enables me to get to Don Muang airport and fly to north east Thailand the same day. The other Thai Air flight hits Bangkok at about 3 15 pm along with Eva Air which means a night in a hotel , plus taxis etc . The food on Thai Air and Eva Air have always been decent in the economy but Eva Air are more generous with serving alcohol . I have pulled my wings in a bit over the last year as the cost of flying from the UK to Thailand seems to have doubled , at least . Also I never book a flight with an agent , always direct with the airline and use a credit card for protection. Many agents will offer a good deal but  beware because once they have your money some of them are difficult to contact ,may cancel or change your booking at an increased fare cost .

BTW , IMO Thai Air have always been reliable when booking and the flight experience is better than many other air lines