AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes apologises after Thai CEO hurls F-bomb at female colleague in online meeting

webfact

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I watched that video and it seems she talks and talks and talks and it all doesn't make sense. It's not surprising that someone tells her to get to the point. 

And maybe she did this several times or for even longer than the video.

Yes, the guy should not have used the f-word. 

But she should come to the f$#$# point and not waste everybody's time.

Any link?

21 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

As the old adage goes, "better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and (potentially) remove all possible doubt". 

And you went and ignored your own advice.

Well done, Sir.

• Haha 1

I've watched the video and aside from the somewhat unpleasant outburst he comes across as a fairly typical arrogant Thai CEO/owner, who thinks he knows it all and operates in an autocratic and hierarchical manner. I wonder if that creates an effective and efficient management culture at Thai AirAsia. :coffee1:

Anyhow, I doubt much will come of this, as he is a major shareholder in the Thai company...

Typical hi-so attitude toward the peasants.

Same as the historical dramas on Channel 3, where when the servants get out of line, they tie them to a post and whip them for like five minutes, crying and screaming, as the dramatic music plays.

Why? I seriously believe a good portion of them yearn for those good ol' days again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I watched that video and it seems she talks and talks and talks and it all doesn't make sense. It's not surprising that someone tells her to get to the point. 

And maybe she did this several times or for even longer than the video.

Yes, the guy should not have used the f-word. 

But she should come to the f$#$# point and not waste everybody's time.

Using the f word shows contempt for others.  Showing contempt for employees (even if well deserved contempt) is not the kind of culture Management should be building.  Clearly this woman needed to be disciplined/coached but there are many ways of doing this effectively that don’t involve showing contempt.  That said many famous leaders (Jobs, Gates etc) did not suffer fools and made that abundantly clear by holding back nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

Would it be an issue if he had said the same to a male? Doubt it.  Woman want equity until or unless the equity offends them.

A true feminist would not be happy until the workplace death rates of females is 50/50 and not 99/1. That won't be happening any time soon.

I think the behaviour towards whichever gender, would been seen as at the very least, in breach of a code of conduct, in most civilised work places, if not down right bullying and abuse of power.

The power imbalance from CEO towards subordinates is not carte blanch to abuse and use unacceptable workplace language.

The smiling faces and laughter of the other employees is also indicative of the poor workplace culture of the airline. 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1