Miss Universe Thailand’s sparks another Internet drama over her patriotism

webfact

And the insulting thing is, everyone makes up their own beliefs and rules when it comes to patriotisms.  If you don't do it like someone else wants or believes then you are denigrated.  I asked a Thai friend and she said standing on the Blue bar shows she is being uplifted and supported by them who the bar itself represents.

• Thanks 1

french were not offended by bare breasted Liberty on barricades carrying a newly designed flag. That was 200 years ago.

Flag was used here as a prop in foto shooting for her new dress.

Doesn't have anything to do with her patriotism. She is as much unpatriotic as any modern human are. Being accused by a royalist for antipatriotism is an honour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Leading_the_People#/media/File:Eugène_Delacroix_-_Le_28_Juillet._La_Liberté_guidant_le_peuple.jpg

and here is her uncensored photo standing on a blue flag

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/royalist-mp-wants-miss-universe-thailand-punished-for-insulting-thai-flag/

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Standing on any flag is always an extremely bad idea...????

Agreed, but somehow I doubt that this photo-shoot composition was her idea.

Heck, it was probably photoshopped.

Hopefully that tattoo isn't "incendiary".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Standing on any flag is always an extremely bad idea...????

She was not standing on the flag.  She was standing on carpeting that had the flag as the motif.  BIG DIFFERENCE.

Thais like many people are jus to <deleted> PC.  They have to take everything seriously.  

They hide on line and take shots.  remember there is no love lost between this lady towards the Miss Universe.  

She is a has been beauty queen that still thinks she is all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear God! There is always someone wanting to make a name for themselves and one of easiest ways to do it here is to suggest that someone else has somehow disrespected the monarchy, the Country or the flag. Currying favour in the eyes of the establishment by being maliciously obsequious. 
 Democracy will forever be held back if this continues to hold sway. Bring on the young reformers!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Sonthiya Sawasdee, a former advisor to the parliamentary committee on law, justice and human rights,

Perhaps these kinds of public outbursts are why he's a FORMER advisor on law, justicce and human rights....  He clearly lost the path regarding the "human rights" part of his former assignment.

"Others, however, took her standing on the Thai flag carpet, particularly on the blue bar, which signifies the monarchy, more seriously and pointed out that she was showing aggression toward the revered institution. '

I am not sure how revered it is right now.

I went to see Dune at paragon imax and about 70% of the thais remained seated during the song before the movie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Some viewed it as a promotional photo, published as Miss Universe Thailand flies to Israel today to take part in the Miss Universe beauty contest.

It's a cheap attention grab ahead of the contest, otherwise no-one would pay any attention to her.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And the insulting thing is, everyone makes up their own beliefs and rules when it comes to patriotisms.  If you don't do it like someone else wants or believes then you are denigrated.  I asked a Thai friend and she said standing on the Blue bar shows she is being uplifted and supported by them who the bar itself represents.

Just read my footnote.

48 minutes ago, poskat said:

"Others, however, took her standing on the Thai flag carpet, particularly on the blue bar, which signifies the monarchy, more seriously and pointed out that she was showing aggression toward the revered institution. '

I am not sure how revered it is right now.

I went to see Dune at paragon imax and about 70% of the thais remained seated during the song before the movie

My Mrs did not believer this until I showed her a tik tok of this happening, changing times, I used to wait outside until the film started, no need now as I can sit down with most of the others.

• Like 1