What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I'm currently watching season 1 (of 4) of The Man In The High Castle. The plot is basically The Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States. Seems pretty good so far IMHO but IMDB says the quality diminished as the series progresses (Not that I set much store by what IMDB says anyway). I guess I'll find out as I plough my way through seasons 1-4. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently watching season 1 (of 4) of The Man In The High Castle. The plot is basically The Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States. Seems pretty good so far IMHO but IMDB says the quality diminished as the series progresses (Not that I set much store by what IMDB says anyway). I guess I'll find out as I plough my way through seasons 1-4. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/

I watched it all and liked it, it is a bit of a slow burner though and one finds themselves wondering “ who is the man in the high castle and what significance have his movies “ .

But I enjoyed the whole series and although reviews have it trailing off after season 2 i would watch the whole thing again.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, connda said:

Hey Mike.  I started that a few weeks ago in the beginning of June.  I contacted CharlieH because I too thought that at one time there was a "What are your reading" link.   CharlieH said there was not but I could start one and if there was enough interests he'd pin it.
It seems quite a few members are interested in books and reading so CharlieH pinned it in under Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life. 

Please contribute your thoughts and what you're currently reading for us 'book-worm' types.  I often prefer reading to watching shows on TV or movies. 

Check this out - https://mwbell2000.wixsite.com/mikebell

When I wish to read a novel, I write one.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Started watching the Dharmer series about the mass murderer,so slow i gave up. Downloaded  an old series Great Expectations from1981,  pity they no longer make great series like this any longer

He wasn't dining on his victims quickly enough?

In my view, the best exploration of Dahmer ever. Highly recommended. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In my view, the best exploration of Dahmer ever. Highly recommended. 

I recommend 'Dahmer' but I felt it was deliberately drawn out and so I fast forwarded parts that didn't really fit into the story.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I recommend 'Dahmer' but I felt it was deliberately drawn out and so I fast forwarded parts that didn't really fit into the story.

"Conversations with a Killer, the Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes", was far better.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thumbs Up 1