What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I have mostly given up on movies and series , only 

a couple worth watching ,but I have enjoyed some

foreign series , SBS Australia has a good selection

of them.

What I have been watching s Pakistani's repairing

trucks ,and making stuff from scrap, they are working

in the side of the roads, it's very medieval , stuff that

would just be scrapped , they fixed up,to be used for

more years,     on Youtube

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Really enjoyed this one.

RAR

Summary: Deep in the forests of Piedmont, Italy, a handful of elderly men hunt for the rare and expensive white Alba truffle. This award-winning film follows these truffle hunters, who live and work alongside their cherished dogs in an eccentric world, guided by a secret culture and a training passed down through the generations.

• Thanks 2

On 4/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Just watched a BBC documentary, 'House of Maxwell'

I really didn't know anything of this family other than Ghislaine Maxwell, where the documentary ends up.

But fascinating stuff

I watched it as I was in the Uk when this was unfolding, but IMO this doco "glossed over" whether or not his two sons benefitted from any of the millions that went missing??

Ghislaine: Partner in Crime

A lot has been covered in other shows, but still interesting.

In an intimate portrait of the infamous partner to Jeffrey Epstein, the new docuseries "Ghislaine - Partner In Crime" explores the central question in Ghislaine Maxwell's trial - how deeply was she involved in the sex trafficking ring that abused hundreds of women and girls, and how did the former socialite become the accomplice to one of the worst sex offenders in history? Plus, one juror’s bombshell admission threatens to derail the verdict.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, Jai Dee said:

I haven't seen this mentioned before but a new series from Apple TV+ has been released called Severence.

Directed by Ben Stiller and having some great and well-known actors it may be really good.

7 episodes from season 1 are available at the usual sources.

Just watched what I think is the final episode of season 1. Ended the season on a bit of a cliffhanger which I hate but still enjoyed it and thanks for the recommendation.

Just watched Queens Gambit again on Nexflix, marvelous and about the right number of POC and neither of them cast in daft roles like the world chess champion! Anya Taylor-Joy is a wonderful actress so downloaded the rest of her work, Emma looks good.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, Will27 said:

Really enjoyed this one.

RAR

Summary: Deep in the forests of Piedmont, Italy, a handful of elderly men hunt for the rare and expensive white Alba truffle. This award-winning film follows these truffle hunters, who live and work alongside their cherished dogs in an eccentric world, guided by a secret culture and a training passed down through the generations.

A documentary about old guys who hunt for truffles with their dogs. No plot, just tales. 

OK If you have nothing else to do.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story... 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18988024/

Had no idea just how many victims there were & growing up in the UK when this guy was so prominent it's unbelievable that he could have been doing this & gotten away with it for so long.

Seems to have been listed twice on imdb 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18970454/

This listing shows two episodes (1 1/2 hrs long ).

Is that right @Mike Teavee ?

Watched Ambulance last night. A thin story that needed lots of padding to make a full length movie out of, but not a bad escapist movie, with a realistic ending ( ie not a typical Hollywood ending ), and not at all woke. The casting would be typical for that part of America IMO.

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just started rewatching The Walking Dead,makes you realize how boreing its become over the years.

I used to watch that avidly, then it went woke and useless. Don't remember which series, but the one the main character left ( I wonder if he left because it was going woke ).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story... 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18988024/

Had no idea just how many victims there were & growing up in the UK when this guy was so prominent it's unbelievable that he could have been doing this & gotten away with it for so long.

Friends in high places.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 4:35 AM, Will27 said:

Ghislaine: Partner in Crime

A lot has been covered in other shows, but still interesting.

In an intimate portrait of the infamous partner to Jeffrey Epstein, the new docuseries "Ghislaine - Partner In Crime" explores the central question in Ghislaine Maxwell's trial - how deeply was she involved in the sex trafficking ring that abused hundreds of women and girls, and how did the former socialite become the accomplice to one of the worst sex offenders in history? Plus, one juror’s bombshell admission threatens to derail the verdict.

I hadn't seen this before, frikkin fascinating.

You Brits better be sure you're not paying off this pervert Prince

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I hadn't seen this before, frikkin fascinating.

You Brits better be sure you're not paying off this pervert Prince

Why Maxwell didn't move to France or somewhere else still astounds me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Totally,now rot in jail for most of her life. She must have known what was coming her way,the yanks with their puritanical way of thinking will surely nail the door shut on her

6 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Totally,now rot in jail for most of her life. She must have known what was coming her way,the yanks with their puritanical way of thinking will surely nail the door shut on her

She's 60 now.

Can't see her getting less than 30 years when sentenced.

Even if she only serves half, she'll be an old lady when she gets out.

Taking a break from Rocco Schivone (which started off good, the rocco character is cool, but just developed into a series of mediocre storylines over 90 minute episodes) to start watching series 03 of wisting.

38 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Taking a break from Rocco Schivone (which started off good, the rocco character is cool, but just developed into a series of mediocre storylines over 90 minute episodes) to start watching series 03 of wisting.

I really like Rocco.

Thankfully, the episodes dropped to 45 minutes each which was a lot better.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 6:36 AM, Will27 said:

Israel would have been better protection -her fathers body went straight there. The PM gave him the next best thing to a state funeral,--but no he wasn't an agent for us.

======

Shortly before he died, a former Mossad officer named Ari Ben-Menashe had approached a number of news organisations in Britain and the United States with the allegation that Maxwell was a long-time agent for the Israeli intelligence service. Menashe also claimed that, in 1986, Maxwell tipped off the Israeli embassy in London that Mordechai Vanunu, the nuclear scientist later jailed for 18 years in Israel, had given information about Israel's nuclear capability to The Sunday Times, then to the Daily Mirror.

Maxwell was accorded the next-best thing to a state funeral, in Israel with their President, Chaim Herzog, intoning over his corpse as it lay in the Hall of the Nation: "

No report from the autopsy in Israel has been released.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Israel would have been better protection -her fathers body went straight there. The PM gave him the next best thing to a state funeral,--but no he wasn't an agent for us.

======

Shortly before he died, a former Mossad officer named Ari Ben-Menashe had approached a number of news organisations in Britain and the United States with the allegation that Maxwell was a long-time agent for the Israeli intelligence service. Menashe also claimed that, in 1986, Maxwell tipped off the Israeli embassy in London that Mordechai Vanunu, the nuclear scientist later jailed for 18 years in Israel, had given information about Israel's nuclear capability to The Sunday Times, then to the Daily Mirror.

Maxwell was accorded the next-best thing to a state funeral, in Israel with their President, Chaim Herzog, intoning over his corpse as it lay in the Hall of the Nation: "

No report from the autopsy in Israel has been released.

Nice one.

I'm not sure if people like Maxwell think she is untouchable, but after seeing what happened to Epstein, would've thought she would've gotten out of Dodge.

• Like 1