Can you talk to Thai cashier girls working in stores like 7 Eleven?

jhoncm

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Go into the 7/11 and ask for foot long sausage , when she hands it over to you, look into her eyes , wink and ask her whether she wants a 12 inch sausage as well 

Don't be disappointed if she replies, "yes I would like all of  that but not 4  off your 3 inches"  ????

Edited by Excel

3 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Is that the same cashier girl that goes home and complains to her live-in boyfriend about some creepy, well-dressed farang guy that hangs around the store every day and stares at her? 

No, that's her Mother ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get a Thai person to write  a polite note to her whereby it gives your name and where are you from and ask if sh'ed like to have a cup coffee with you and leave your phone number and see what happen... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You gotta go real slow. They’re very busy. Suggest off the cuff extra word here and there, like ‘your hair’s nice’ — pom suay — as opposed to would you like to try my footlong? You say you’re always well dressed. That is a given. Defo no wife-beaters and f’lip falops. But, yes, 7-11 girls and bank clerks can be got. Be amusing and not serious; don’t be creepy, staring and like 95 years old lol. Good luck. 

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

There comes a time when young girls (not bar girls) are flirtatious with us older guys because they see us as a 'safe uncle figure' and not as a potential relationship partner.

Also Thai girls can be incredibly flirtatious and behave in a way that a Westerner might view as being "interested" even if they have a boyfriend.  I have experienced this myself, much to my annoyance.

Perhaps they want to cheat, perhaps they want to upgrade, perhaps they're just having fun.  Either way, tread lightly and look out for signs of them having a boyfriend.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jhoncm said:

Like asking her name etc.

You gotta have a clue.

I once stayed in hotel in Bangkok at the same time as an American who loudly called all the front desk women "tilac" all the time, not noticing that they cringed when he called them that. (I was not that American, I swear.)

So you gotta watch how she responds.

So far it sounds like she hasn't given you an opening.

I don't know where you are from but I am from the States and would never do any of the following there.

The things I am suggesting I wouldn't do in the States cuz I am an "average Joe" who would probably get shot down hard and left bleeding if I did.

But in Thailand I have done such things and had fun and met women.

Yeah, "Like asking her name etc." that would be first.

Ask her name.

Tell her your name, next time you come back does she remember?

Even if not you can joke about it. "You don't remember me? You break my heart."

Thai women love silly, harmless jokes in my experience.

If she doesn't joke around with you, well then you have your answer.

Of course you don't want to get in the way of her work so be aware if other members of AseanNow are in line behind you.

In my opinion it is easiest to joke around in full hearing of other employees;

otherwise it's kind of creepy.

Luring her off into the store on a pretext seems creepy to me.

The more straightforward the better.

Don't put her on the spot much, 

"Do you have a boyfriend", playfully, can almost always get away with that.

If she jokes around with you: "Do you think farangs make good boyfriends?" or something like that.

You will know if she is interested by her answer, encouraging or no.

Leaving it casual either one of you can act like it was only a joke and no embarassment.

As long as you don't have weird intentions, why feel embarrassed?

And in my experience with girls in Bangkok your intentions gotta be pretty weird to freak them out.

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 2

Next time checking out with your bowl of noodle purchase ...

"tired of these noodles ... you know good noodle shop, maybe good khao soi, or tom yam?"

"maybe you can show me someday" ... plant the seed, see how many smiles you get afterwards.

• Like 1