What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Plot holes as big as the Grand Canyon.

The world can afford to recruit millions of people to fight in a future war.

But they can't afford to finance a flight to the Russian artic.

I finally got around to watching the Tomorrow War. It is nowhere near as bad as everyone here says it is. I'd give it at least 6 stars.

As for the plot holes, my take on the one you mention is that it was a (poor) attempt at humor. The point they were trying  to make was that Gov't bureaucrats don't know their a** from a hole in the ground and never make proper decisions when needed. And of course, they also try to take credit for stuff they had nothing to do with.

Edited by gargamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

There are some movies that might appeal. mr magic, was the pilot for the tv series with ray shoesmith, mr inbetween - written by Scott Ryan and also gringo and the square, both directed by Nash edgerton. 

Thanks for that recom273---I didn't realize that he wrote the MR In-between as well as acted it.--Its on Pirates ...prob other places also.

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

lol .. you aren’t losing the plot, I mentioned the new series a few weeks back, but its been mentioned a few times over the seasons. 

There are some movies that might appeal. mr magic, was the pilot for the tv series with ray shoesmith, mr inbetween - written by Scott Ryan and also gringo and the square, both directed by Nash edgerton. 

I can't find anything about a movie called Mr Magic, not even on IMDB, but try The Magician.

Edited by giddyup

On 7/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Will27 said:

Liverpool Narcos

Just released on RARBG.
All 3 episodes.

Summary: Cocaine: By the 1990s a cocaine boom had really taken off - and the deadliest chapter in Liverpool's drugs war had begun.

you might also like Shooters

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328420/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1

"
Shooters is a drama documentary film, directed by Dan Reed for Suspect Device Films. The film is set in Liverpool and used local criminals as actors depicting the lives of local 'gangsters'. It is most notable for having been completely unscripted apart from a brief outline; each scene was improvised and ad-libbed by the actors themselves."

• Like 2

Sophie: A Murder in West Cork?--- Netflix 3 parts  -all out now 2/07/21

One of Ireland’s more notorious cases,

Two days before Christmas, in 1996, the Paris-born television producer Sophie Tuscan du Plantier was found bludgeoned to death close to her holiday cottage in Schull. West Cork, Ireland. The documentary features exclusive contributions from members of du Plantier’s family, alongside interviews with local press and Schull residents  all out now .....Pirates etc

------------------------------------------------

I watched the first episode found it good--Schull is a very-very  remote part of Ireland .

Manchester-born Ian Bailey was a journalist working for the local newspapers at the time, and he was immediately on the scene.

However, he became a suspect in the case, with circumstantial evidence against him including scratches on his face and arms, claims of a changing alibi, and a witness statement from a local resident who claimed to have seen him on a bridge near where the victim was found.

He was released as there was no evidence to indicate he had ever had direct contact with the victim.

However French courts decided to convict Bailey “in absentia” in 2019 after a four day trial with no one there, they sentenced him to 25 years in prison.

Though the French have made several attempts to extradite him, Ireland’s High Court ruled against it due to there being no proof beyond reasonable doubt..

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

There is a new series of Beck out --for those who follow the Swedish Detective.....

I have never seen it--but its been running for 23 years , so maybe I should.

Beck: S08E01  --- Channel BBC Four  (03 July 2021) Undercover.
Swedish police detective drama. Martin Beck and the team investigate a drugs gang after the death of a young man, putting them on a collision course with an undercover operation

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

There is a new series of Beck out --for those who follow the Swedish Detective.....

I have never seen it--but its been running for 23 years , so maybe I should.

Beck: S08E01  --- Channel BBC Four  (03 July 2021) Undercover.
Swedish police detective drama. Martin Beck and the team investigate a drugs gang after the death of a young man, putting them on a collision course with an undercover operation

I loved the early series of Beck.

But when the main actor Mikael Persbrandt left, I  left with him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

The.Crime.of.the.Century.S01 E01, and E02 - is a shocking HBO documentary about the marketing of Oxycontin and Fentanyl.

Kind of makes the War on Drugs the Utter Fiasco is always was, still is, and for sure will remain.

It's ALL about the $$$

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

After my post above, I searched for inbetween and it found my post, so search appears to work. Perhaps I've had a senior moment and imagined that someone recommended  Mr Inbetween previously. If anyone knows different, please enlighten me.

The search worked?  Wow!  You should buy a lottery ticket.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, samtam said:

I've watched these recently:

Cruel Summer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11083696/

and,

StartUp (S1 so far, 2 & 3 are available too):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/

Both very different, but good IMO.

I've watched Startup 1,2,3 and I agree it's very good. Well worth watching IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

For those of you that like Marvel Studios productions, the entire first season (6 episodes) of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is now available in formats up to and including 4K.

tfatws.jpg.bfb39cc9496c838aadeea6776cc26013.jpg

Title: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (TV Mini Series 2021-2021)
Actors: Anthony Mackie , Sebastian Stan , Wyatt Russell , Erin Kellyman , Desmond Chiam , Dani Deetté , Indya Bussey , Daniel Brühl , Danny Ramirez , Adepero Oduye , Renes Rivera , Tyler Dean Flores , Emily VanCamp , Clé Bennett , Noah Mills , Carl Lumbly , Florence Kasumba , Georges St-Pierre , Amy Aquino , Chase River McGhee
Languages: English
Genres: Action , Adventure , Drama , Sci-Fi
Year: 2021
Runtime: 50
IMDB Rating: 7.4/10

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

The Hitman's Wifes Bodyguard. This made me laugh out loud several times, the dialogue and one liners are quite funny. If you saw the first one, ie The Hitman's Bodyguard, you'll know what to expect.

Watched it last night...well maybe 20 minutes of it, before I had to turn it off. Too much slapstick for my taste. Disappointed, given the stellar cast.

Thereafer, tried The God Committee:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6852526/

which was OK, but I wouldn't particularly recommend.

Sorry about my lukewarm reviews!

Edited by samtam
  • Sad 1